Sunday, November 25, 2007

On the road back to the beginning

I am in Amman, Jordan, getting ready to go to Greece to attend an international conference on public administration where I will present a paper entitled "Israeli Territoriality and the Predicament of the Palestinian Public Sector."
InshAllah I will stand on the hill of the Acropolis and look in a southeastern direction towards Palestine, my mother, you, and the wound that is me, my people, and all of humanity.
I will resume being a philosopher in few hours! That is how all philosophers are: they oscillate between being nothing and something, between shallowness and depth, between lust and virtue, between warmth and coldness, between the I and the You.
It is OK, this oscillation will certainly calm down soon. The passing of the torch from one hand to the other will remind me of the origins of fire. That is where my focus must be: the origin of divine energy. So do not leave yourself in the dark, keep searching for the light, but do not lose your grace during the search. Let your passion make you glow like sun rays off white snow.
Cleanse your heart from ill feelings and let love permeate all of its rooms. Write a love poem, it has always proved to be a panacea for deception, dishonesty, and uncertainty. Pray for the healing of your suffering and hers. The Lord of all hears and sees all, and his compassion and forgiveness is larger than all seas and oceans.
So let your body and soul sail through the Aegean sea to Athena. Tell your beloved that you are now Odysseus, and this is the 33th beginning of the Palestinian Odyssey. Pray for my safe return to you my beloved "Ithaca".

No comments: