Thursday, December 10, 2009

...towards thee...

By Saed J. Abu-Hijleh

Swimming towards thee…
In thy music…
My heart is shattered…
My soul is aching…
I long for that smile
For the soft caress on my head
For the heart that housed me
in most difficult of times
in the intensive care unit
when I was late at night
when in the distance gunfire was heard…
Swimming towards thee
To the wrinkles in thy face
To tears falling after the fall of a rose…

Lord of my heart
Lord of my soul
Lord of all...
What’s my mission before the great fall?
Please tell me… fight death with death?
Fight death with life?
Find my wife?
Bring more life to life, despite agony and strife?

Hold my hand… let us go for a walk, away from the noise,
Maybe I can show you the sacred rock, where I used to sit,
For an eternity that was a little bit…!

Swimming towards thee
Through the Sacred Ney
Till my thoughts are your thoughts
And my tears your tears….
Till our breath is one
And there are no more fears…

Thursday, December 10, 2009
Nablus, Occupied Palestine

No comments: