Thursday, November 18, 2010

Seven Breaths

By Saed Abu-Hijleh (Sindbad the Spiritual Nomad)
November 18, 2010
Nablus, Palestine

I am the one to blame
for being so lame
and not offering enough breaths
on the altar of love…
You reached me after a long journey
when I used many breaths
to run away from bullets
to climb some mountains
or to save other breaths from being lost
yes
you have reached me
when
I am a "little tired"
when one breath at a time
might restore some logic
to the madness of the thorny path
when painful wisdom demands it
yet
there is still some greatness left
in the journey of the Palestinian Dinosaur
and hope shall restore
Sindbad
for the coming journey
inshAllah with sure steps
towards
the most beautiful destination
with the most beautiful
companion
that shall meet me
after Seven Honest Breaths
and Seven Honest Steps

No comments: